[Wrfems] Problem adding grib2 data in AWIPS

Douglas Tilly Douglas.Tilly at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 4 10:17:43 MDT 2009

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the instructions.  This is basically what I have done with a
couple exceptions.

1).  I didn't run a -dirs localization.  I wouldn't think that would
matter, but I don't know.
2).  I'm using a grib ID of 97 with an OCNTR of 07.

I'm not sure what it is, but it seems that it doesn't like the grib ID
of 97 with the grib2 data.  I've been using this ID for years and it's
never had a problem until I tried using grib2 data.  I'm wondering if
something changed and grib ID of 97 is being used now?

I'm going to try something a little different in a few minutes once all
of the 12Z data is in and see what I can break. Basically, I'm going to
do what you have in your instructions, but skip the addition to the
grib2Grids.txt step.  I'll use the A212 grid in localGridSourceTable
instead of A255 mentioned in Chris' instructions.  It should be the same
grid and it appears that the operational models are setup that same way.

Doug