[Wrfems] AutoPost Processing with V3

Pablo Santos Pablo.Santos at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 18 12:47:49 MDT 2009

That did the trick but I also had to add Bob Script fix below so that
the model did not post process the output files again at the end of the run.

Add the single line indicated below to the strc/ems_auto/auto_main.pm file:

 switch (&handler(4,&auto_ems::auto_run)) {
     case 53      {$EMSauto{EMSPOST} =
&merge($EMSauto{EMSPOST},$EMSauto{AUTOPOST});
                   &ems_utils::emsprint(6,9,96,2,2,"Autopost failed,
migrating over to regular post")}
     case {$_[0]} {return 1             }
 }

 $EMSauto{EMSPOST} = 0;       <--- ADD THIS LINE
 return  if &handler(5,&auto_ems::auto_post);

The Autopost processing with my ARW now is working good. However, I have
a wrnnmm domain also and that one runs so fast that auto processing just
does not work. It does not matter how I set my wait time in the
ems_autopost.conf file. I run the model out to 48 hours. By the time it
finishes the model is still half way processing output files and it does
not wait long enough to finish processing all of them. The end result is
I end up with less forecast output files than the length of the run. Is
there something I am missing here or perhaps is it best to just not use
auto post processing with this one?

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Pablo