[Wrfems] Displaying V3 data into AWIPS

Randy Graham Randall.Graham at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 24 18:13:54 MDT 2009

All,

We have recently switched over to V3 and have the model successfully
running and sending data to the /data/Incoming directory on LDAD.
However, we have not been able to successfully ingest and display the
data in AWIPS.  We tried an older cdl file and we were able to get a
template file in the model directory under
/data/fxa/Grid/LOCAL/netCDF/nmm12g/.  However, when the grb1 file hits
LDAD it goes to the /data/ldad/Processed directory as if it processed
ok, but I do not see a netCDF file in my model directory.

Today, I tried Roz's grib2cdf script to produce a new cdl file.  I
placed it in /data/fxa/customFiles (and renamed it to match our model
ID), but when I run mainScript.csh -dataSups -grids on dx1 I receive an
error during localization. Ultimately, we are still unable to get the
grb data successfully processed on ls1.  I have attached the error
message below and a copy of the cdl file can be found at:
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/slc/projects/nmm12g.cdl

 Does anyone have any suggestions for us?  Thanks!

Randy

/ncgen: /data/fxa/customFiles/nmm12g.cdl line 136:
consideredasasinglelayer is not declared as a dimension
ncgen: /data/fxa/customFiles/nmm12g.cdl line 136: syntax error
Could not open NetCDF file nmm12g.cdlTemplate in initCdlTemplate
made template for nmm12g/