[wrfems] Editing Existing Domains

Robert Rozumalski rozumal at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 13 08:21:52 MST 2010

Brian,

When you make changes using the domain wizard, currently the
configuration files are updates but
but your configurations should be retained. At least that is the way it
is supposed to work.

You can also use the "ems_domain" routine if should you modify the
static/namelist.wps file manually:

    %  ems_domain --localize

Again the configuration files are updated but local configurations retained.

If this is not happening then give me a call so we can determine
when/how this is failing.  You are not the first
to have this problem but it always works correctly for me, which is not
a good thing since I cannot fix what I can't
break.

Bob