[wrfems] accumulated precipitation in GRIB/GEMPAK files

Case, Jonathan (MSFC-VP61)[Other] jonathan.case-1 at nasa.gov
Fri Jan 8 14:39:22 MST 2010

Dear EMS Users,

I have run with the ACCUMFREQ = Auto in conf/ems_post/post_grib.conf.  This results in hourly accumulated precip totals since my WRF output is hourly.

However, I would like to know if anyone has a script or routine to produce total accumulated precipitation from these hourly accumulated grids?  I know it could be done in a GEMPAK script, but I'd to see if someone has a better recommendation.

Thanks all,
Jonathan

Jonathan Case, ENSCO Inc.
NASA Short-term Prediction Research and Transition Center (aka SPoRT Center)
320 Sparkman Drive, Room 3062
Huntsville, AL 35805
Voice: 256.961.7504
Fax: 256.961.7788
Emails: Jonathan.Case-1 at nasa.gov / case.jonathan at ensco.com

"Whether the weather is cold, or whether the weather is hot, we'll weather
  the weather whether we like it or not!"