[wrfems] question on ice cover datasets

Case, Jonathan (MSFC-VP61)[Other] jonathan.case-1 at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 11 08:08:34 MST 2010

As a follow-on,

I looked at the gribinfo files in my EMS v311beta, and it appears that all 3 datasets are "ice5min" according to the file-naming conventions.  This is contrary to the naming conventions that Robert Grumbine alluded to in my email exchanges with him.

Robert pointed me to the following operational server/files in his email to me:

"The operational server (24x7 support) location is

ftp://ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/omb/prod/sice.YYYYMMDD/engice.t00z.grb.grib2

where YYYYMMDD is the year, month, day."

Jonathan

Jonathan Case, ENSCO Inc.
NASA Short-term Prediction Research and Transition Center (aka SPoRT Center)
320 Sparkman Drive, Room 3062
Huntsville, AL 35805
Voice: 256.961.7504
Fax: 256.961.7788
Emails: Jonathan.Case-1 at nasa.gov / case.jonathan at ensco.com

"Whether the weather is cold, or whether the weather is hot, we'll weather
  the weather whether we like it or not!"