[wrfems] bad grids when convierting to grib1

Paul Jendrowski Paul.Jendrowski at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 14 09:59:34 MST 2010

We are trying to produce a reduced set of parameters in grib1 format to
share with another site.  Post processing runs fine the first time to
send the default parms in the default wrfpost_cntrl.parm file. I then
run a second time with the reduced set and some of the grids work,
others have bad data in them.  Particularly the temp/dewpoint at 2m.
First off, the temps are not in Kelvin since there are negative values.
Also attached is the trimmed down version of wrfpost_cntrl.parm showing
just the parms we want.  The actual runtime file has all the parms as in
the default wrfpost_cntrl.parm file, just all levels set to 0 except for
the parms in the attached file.  Using the attached file also gives the
bad data. The lines for 2m temp/dewpoint are exactly the same as in the
default file.

Anyone have any ideas why deselecting parms results in bogus data for
the ones left on or how to fix this?  Is there a way to get more log
output to help debug?