[wrfems] accessing software

Brett McDonald Brett.Mcdonald at noaa.gov
Thu Jun 23 08:55:26 MDT 2011

Thanks Bob,

I didn't know if NAWIPS was still a stand-alone or not.  You've answered
my question.

I went ahead and ran the ems_install.pl script yesterday to load the
latest non-beta version on my new machine.  The log file is attached.
Toward the end, you can see that I did have a couple of problems:

Missing RIP executables

Checking GEMPAK routines - Missing System Libraries
     32-bit libXp.so.6
     32-bit libg2c.so.0
         need before using NAWIPS/GEMPAK routines

I then tried running the NMM benchmark case.  Attached is the output.
It failed because wrfems/bin/ungrib was unable to be found.  I checked
the bin directory and there are only 4 files.  Looks like something else
went amiss with the installation.  What's the best method for fixing the
problem without doing a clean install again?

Thanks much,

Brett